Updated: Nov 25, 2020
Servings: 03 Preparation Time: 15 min Cooking time : 20 min
Broccoli florets, 2 cups, chopped
Cauliflower florets, 2 cups, chopped
Fresh green peas , ½ cup , blanched
Onion, 1 cup, chopped
Leeks, 1 Tablespoon, chopped
Garlic, 3 cloves
Gluten free, Vegetable stock, 5 cups
Water- 1 cup, boiled
Olive oil, 3 teaspoon
Butter, 1 teaspoon
Cheese – 1 Tablespoon, grated (For cooking and garnish)
Cream cheese, 4 tablespoon
Mornay sauce (white cheese sauce), 2 Tablespoon
Thyme, 1 Tablespoon , dried / fresh
Salt and freshly crushed pepper to taste & seasoning
Garnish : Blanched, saute’ Broccoli floret & Grated Cheese block
1. Heat large saucepan. To it add olive oil and butter and lightly fry chopped onion.
2. Then add garlic, leeks and saute until soft.
3. Add blanched green peas followed by broccoli and cauliflower and cook for another minute for aroma and glaze. (Keep aside few glazed broccoli florets for garnish). Do not cover.
4. Add Mornay sauce to it and mix well. Quickly add vegetable stock to prevent from burning. Bring to boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and add grated cheese. Hold just a little cheese back for serving.
6. Remove from heat. Place in a blender and puree until smooth.
7. Return to saucepan and reheat. Adjust by boiled water for further consistency. Add salt , crushed pepper and thyme, as desired taste and flavor. Give it all a good stir and cover. Let the flavors mix together for a few minutes.
8. Turn off the heat and finally add cream cheese.
9. Portion and Serve warm garnished with sprinkles of crushed pepper, glazed broccoli florets, topped with grated cheese for excited cheesy aroma.